Presidential Pet Care is a professional in-home pet care company providing dog walking, pet sitting, in-home overnight care, pet taxi and extended daytime care services in the Northern Virginia area. Our Caregivers must be positive, enthusiastic and responsible individuals with customer service experience eager to work with dogs and cats. Our Caregivers (dog walkers and pet sitters) service: Woodbridge, Springfield, Burke, Annandale, Alexandria and Arlington.
- Undergo a reference and criminal background check
- Have their own insured vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Drive to/from pet care assignments and serve as a backup Caregiver in other regions
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including rain, snow and heat
- Have a Smartphone and be able to comfortably and efficiently type and text
- Respond to e-mail daily and have regular access to the internet
- Be able to read and write English
- Be authorized to work in the USA
Position Description & Duties
- Part-time and flexible based on client needs and business activity
- Attend New Client Consultations and interact with customers in their home
- Feed, exercise and care for dogs & cats
- Ensure the safety of all pets in your care
- Understand special requests and conditions for each pet as requested by owner and treat them all with love, attention and respect
- Ensure each pet is gets exercise and a toilet break
- Remove pet waste and dispose of it accordingly
- Communicate clearly with managers and customers regularly
- Ensure the cleanliness of customer’s homes when entering and leaving their property
Compensation & Benefits
Caregivers are paid a flat rate per pet assignment based on the length of the visit. The starting pay rate is the same for all employees and is equivalent to approximately $12/hour. Presidential Pet Care offers opportunities for regular pay increases in addition to access to a 401k retirement plan after 1 year of continuous employment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, bend and stand for long periods of times and to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Must be able to drive to client’s homes and walk dogs outdoors in all weather conditions, including rain, snow, and heat.
If you can accept and fulfill all of the requirements outlined above, please fill out this application!